Connect with us

ARTICLES

Daniel Levy confirms Tottenham can spend in transfer market despite £637m debt

Published

on

Daniel Levy of Tottenham

Daniel Levy

Latest Tottenham news: Daniel Levy claims Spurs have money to spend despite stadium move

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy claimed that the club’s spending ability in the transfer market will not be affected by the move to the new stadium.

The club confirmed yesterday that Crystal Palace would be our first visitors in the new stadium on 3 April.

Levy told during a meeting with the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust on Tuesday that despite a huge debt, spending in the transfer market could take place (h/t Sky Sports):

“With a debt of £637m, subject to reasonable assumption on interest rates, the net spend on players would not be affected”.

The chairman added that qualifying for the Champions League would provide the team with more “flexibility” in the market. Spurs currently lie third in the Premier League, three points ahead of fifth placed Manchester United.

More spending in place at stadium

Levy refused to share the final cost of the stadium construction and added that further work will continue at the ground with spending set for another 12 months.

Tottenham Pochettino Levy

Daniel Levy and Mauricio Pochettino of Tottenham

The chairman also shed light as to why we haven’t spent on players in two transfer windows. Levy told that signing players was “tricky” and that the market “wasn’t as liquid as it had been previously”.

Tottenham’s lack of spending has affected the squad this season with several of our first-teamers picking up injuries.

Fortunately, we have come out relatively unscathed but our form in the last month of the Premier League has been poor.

Spurs have picked up just one point from their last four games and lost their way in the race for the title.

Read more Tottenham news, click here – Latest Tottenham news

We need to ensure a top four finish as that will bring additional funds in. Lifting the Champions League won’t be easy too as we face Manchester City over two legs in the quarter-finals.

ARTICLES

Tottenham youth academy graduate completes Championship switch

Published

on

Paris Maghoma completes transfer to Championship side Brentford

Tottenham youth graduate Paris Maghoma is set to join Championship side Brentford in the January transfer window. (h/t Tottenham)

The 18-year-old midfielder who came through the Spurs youth academy has featured 11 times for the Under-23s this season, with an additional four appearances in the Under-19 UEFA Youth League.

Paris is the younger brother of professional footballersJacques Maghoma and Christian Maghoma. All three Maghoma brothers came through the Tottenham youth academy and were let go without a senior appearance to their name.

Paris Maghoma

Maghoma will initially join up with Brentford’s B team. Brentford B manager Neil MacFarlane has voiced his excitement at helping the player realize his potential.

“He’s a very talented player, an advanced midfield player who likes to create. I think we can help him in terms of his goal tally and work without the ball, if we can marry all of those aspects together then we’ll have a really good player.”

McFarlane also went on to state that the club is committed to help the youngster progress through the ranks to the first team.

“We want to give him an opportunity to progress to the first team and we’ll be working with him every single day in that respect.”

Brentford are currently third in the Championship as the Bees chase promotion to the English Premier League. If all goes well, Maghoma could be plying his trade in the first tier of English football next season.

No financial details were disclosed about the transfer.

More Tottenham News

Tottenham are interested in Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani
Ze Luis move to Tottenham off after facing work permit issues
Tottenham have dropped their interest in Milan striker Krzysztof Piatek

Tottenham have also loaned out youngster Jack Clarke to Championship side Queens Park Rangers.

The 19-year-old winger was recalled from a disappointing loan at Leeds United this month. He will now look to make up for lost time at Rangers. Curiously he could make his QPR debut this week against Leeds United.

Continue Reading

ARTICLES

Tottenham boss Mourinho interested in signing Man City ace for £51m

Published

on

Mourinho is keen on signing Joao Cancelo from Manchester City

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho is interested in Manchester City’s Joao Cancelo (h/t Daily Mail)

According to El Desmarque (h/t Daily Mail), Mourinho has spoken to the Portuguese international about a potential move to Tottenham Hotspur.

Cancelo joined City from Juventus for £27.5million plus Danilo in the summer. He has often played second fiddle to Kyle Walker at right-back this season.

Joao Cancelo

The 25-year-old has made 18 appearances for the Citizens this season and has scored 1 goal. Cancelo is said to be keen for more playtime and could be open to a move to North London.

With Danny Rose out of favor and Serge Aurier more unreliable than not, right-back is a position that features prominently in Mourinho’s Spurs rebuild.

Tottenham are working on a deal in the region of £51m for the defender. A strong passer and dribbler, Cancelo can also play on the other flank.

The Portuguese international is mainly known for his speed, energy, and offensive capabilities. He has good technical skills, creativity and crossing ability. Cancelo is capable of playing as a full-back or winger on either flank, although he usually plays on the right.

It remains to be seen how the emergence of Japhet Tanganga affects Spurs’ resolve to bring in a new player rather than develop the impressive youth product.

The player is also being tracked by Spanish giants Barcelona .

More Tottenham News

Tottenham are interested in Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani
Ze Luis move to Tottenham off after facing work permit issues
Tottenham have dropped their interest in Milan striker Krzysztof Piatek

Cancelo was nominated for the Serie A team of the year in 2017 and 2018. He was also a part of the Portuguese squad that won the UEFA Nations Cup in 2019.

He has won 16 caps for the Portuguese national team at the senior level and has scored 3 goals.

Continue Reading

ARTICLES

Tottenham interested in signing for 20-year-old Croatian available for £4.3m

Published

on

Tottenham are interested in HNK Rijeka’s Ivan Lepinjika

Tottenham are interested in Croatian midfielder Ivan Lepinjika. (h/t Football London)

The 20-year-old midfielder who plays for HNK Rijeka in the Croatian first tier is said to cost around £4.3 million.

The midfielder joined Rijeka from Third-tier club Pazinka in 2013. He has since played 32 times for Rijeka and scored 1 goal. (h/t Whoscored)

Ivan Lepinjika

Leipinjika spent the first half of last season at second division side Zadar, where he scored 2 goals in 14 appearances.

He then returned to Rijeka at the beginning of 2019, making his first-team debut in a 4-2 win over NK Rides. He has since been a regular starter for the Croatian outfit.

An everpresent this season, the 20-year-old featured prominently in the Europa League Qualifiers. Unfortunately, his team crashed out against Gent preventing the player from taking his game to a larger audience.

The player does appear to have disciplinary issues and has picked up 6 bookings this season.

HNK Rijeka expert Ivan Zezelj has gone on record comparing Lepinjica to Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba.

More Tottenham News

Tottenham are interested in Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani
Ze Luis move to Tottenham off after facing work permit issues
Tottenham have dropped their interest in Milan striker Krzysztof Piatek

The midfielder is also reportedly being scouted by Chelsea, Leeds United and West Bromwich Albion with the Blues said to have offered £3 million for the player.

Rijeka are said to be holding out for £4.3 million. Whether Tottenham believe the player is worth the amount or not remains to be seen.

Continue Reading

ARTICLES

“100% behind you”: Some Tottenham fans react to this starlet being sent out on loan

Published

on

Twitter reacts to Jack Clarke joining Queens Park Rangers on loan

QPR have signed Jack Clarke on loan from Tottenham until the end of the season. (h/t Sky Sports)

The 19-year old winger had a medical with the Hoops on Wednesday and completed his move yesterday.

“I am delighted and looking forward to getting started. Hopefully I can kick on and help the team.”

Rangers are understood to have beaten Championship side Middlesbrough, as well as Scottish champions Celtic, to sign Clarke.

Jack Clarke

Clarke was initially on loan at Championship leaders Leeds United. The player was called back after having had played just 19 minutes in the Championship this season.

The youngster is said to be keen to continue his development under Mark Warburton at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium. The chance to work under Warburton has been mentioned as a key reason for the player choosing to sign with QPR.

“He was one of the main factors in me coming here – in terms of how he wants to play football and how he sees me fitting in.”

Clarke signed for Spurs from Leeds last summer before being immediately loaned back to Elland Road. He made just three appearances this season forcing Tottenham to recall him in the January transfer window.

The youngster was one of the rising stars in the Championship last season, often as an impact substitute. Clarke will join up with Spurs team-mate Luke Amos, who is already on loan at QPR.

Clarke could make his QPR debut this Sunday, curiously against Leeds United.

Tottenham fans were glad to know that the promising youngster can continue his development with QPR. Some of them have taken to Twitter to express their joy at the transfer.

Twitter reacts to Jack Clarke’s QPR loan

https://twitter.com/JoeGTHFC/status/1217793889114959872?s=20
https://twitter.com/THFC_4T2/status/1217794663232524291?s=20

More Tottenham News

Tottenham are interested in Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani
Ze Luis move to Tottenham off after facing work permit issues
Tottenham have dropped their interest in Milan striker Krzysztof Piatek

Continue Reading

Trending