Connect with us

ARTICLES

Tottenham eyeing 22-year-old Real Betis star as possible replacement for Christian Eriksen

Published

on

Giovani Lo Celso

Giovani Lo Celso

Tottenham transfer news: Tottenham interested in La Liga star Giovani Lo Celso

Argentine attacking midfielder Giovani Lo Celso has been incredible for Real Betis this season.

The 22-year-old has scored 12 goals in all competitions this season and joined the Spanish side from Paris Saint-Germain.

Marca claims that Betis want to sign the Argentine from PSG and will pay €20m for 80% of his rights while the French giants will hold onto the remaining 20%.

Although Lo Celso has been excellent for the La Liga side, Marca adds that they are willing to sell him for €60m.

The report adds that Real Madrid spoke with Betis over a deal for the 22-year-old, however, Tottenham are keeping tabs on the rising star.

A replacement for Eriksen?

Christian Eriksen’s contract issues haven’t been cleared up at Tottenham, and the report adds that Tottenham are considering a move for Lo Celso should the Dane leave Spurs.

Christian Eriksen and Harry Winks

Christian Eriksen and Harry Winks

Manchester City are also interested in the 22-year-old, according to Marca, and Madrid are looking to sign the Argentine in the summer.

Lo Celso can play across the front line and in midfield, thus providing scope to field him in several positions.

The 22-year-old is also known for his work rate and could be a great fit under Mauricio Pochettino.

The Spurs manager has a contingent of South American stars at the club, and that could be another factor for Lo Celso to consider if he leaves Betis.

Eriksen still is one of the best players in the world, however, if we don’t finalise a new contract with him, it would be best to sell him.

Read more Tottenham Hotspur transfer news, click here – Tottenham Hotspur transfer news

The report suggests that the Argentine would not come on the cheap and it will be interesting to see what our plan of action is in the summer window.

Trending