Connect with us

INTERVIEWS

Parker delighted to be at Spurs

Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker admits he is happy to have joined the club and cannot wait to get started.

Published

on

Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker admits he is happy to have joined the club and cannot wait to get started.

2011’s FWA Player of the Year secured a deadline day move from West Ham United and got the chance to join up with his new team-mates earlier today for the first time after returning from international duty.

And the all-action midfielder confesses he has been impressed with the progression the club has made over the past few years.

“It’s evident how much the club has progressed,” Parker said.

“Tottenham have always been a very big club in terms of the players they’ve attracted and the way they’ve played, that certain style of football.

“It’s a fantastic club and over the last few years there have been some very big players here. The club is only going in one direction and I’m delighted to be part of it now. Hopefully I can add something as well.”

The 30-year-old also went on to add that things, on a personal level, have gone well for him from a footballing perspective despite West Ham’s relegation last year.

“Things have gone really well for me over the last few years, especially over the last year,” he added.

“I’ve broken into the England team and last season, although we eventually got relegated, on a personal level I played some of the best football I’ve played.

“My main target is always to keep fit and then to try and force my way into the team here, try to stay in there and help the team as much as I can.

“I hope my qualities, which might be different to other players here, can bring something different to the team and add to it, that we can move up the league and have a good season.”

Parker is expected to make his debut for Spurs when the club travel to Molineux to take on Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday.

Advertisement
Click to comment

ARTICLES

“It’s normal in this business”: Pochettino responds to rumours linking him with Real Madrid move

Published

on

Mauricio Pochettino

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has responded to rumours linking him with a Real Madrid move. (Football.London)

Pochettino has recently been linked with the Real Madrid job since the Blancos are struggling in the La Liga. Ever since Ronaldo departed the club, they have struggled and Julen Lopetegui is under pressure.

However, if there is one manager who isn’t under the pressure of facing a sack, it is Pochettino. The Argentine has brought us to a good position and is an invaluable asset to our club, especially with the stadium move around the corner.

When questioned about the rumours, Pochettino had a response:

“Look, like I said before in the question about Hugo, because I’m in a different country my English is not so good and I don’t follow too much the media. It’s compulsory to know before I come in here because Simon explains everything that’s happened in two minutes as we come here.

“I have a surprised face and say ‘yes? yes?’ and sometimes Jesus explain something but because I am not too much involved in social media because I don’t have social media, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, nothing, I don’t receive information.

Mauricio Pochettino

“That’s why my head, my face, I look younger than I really am. Stuff like that happens in football. You can not change anything. It’s normal in this business.”

The boss seems quite clear with his plans and he has completely refuted the claims. It is important to have Poch at the club since we are what we are because of this man.

He is probably one of the best things to have happened to us in recent years and it is imperative for him to stay at our club through this crucial period. His presence could also provide us with a great chance of winning trophies.

We are so close to challenging for the Premier League title and if there’s anyone who can make it happen, it is Pochettino.

Continue Reading

ARTICLES

Tottenham target’s manager shoots down rumours of move for £20m star

Published

on

Nathan Ake

Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe has confirmed that no approach has been made by Tottenham for highly-rated defender Nathan Ake, according to Sky Sports.

The Dutchman has been linked with Tottenham in recent times and Sky Sports has claimed that we’re closely scouting some defensive recruitments.

Ake has been impressive for Bournemouth this season after joining them from Chelsea in 2017 for a fee of £20m.

When asked about the transfer links, Eddie Howe said,

“I think that’s a compliment to Nathan and how he’s played since he signed for us permanently.”

“He’s been a model of consistency. He picked up all the player awards that he did at the end of last season and he’s carried that form into this [season].”

“[There has been] nothing from our side, where it comes from I don’t know. It’s inevitable [to be linked] when the team is doing well people will naturally highlight our players, potential players who can go on and play at a higher level.

Image result for nathan ake

Furthermore, Howe also added that the speculation won’t affect the youngster. He also claimed that the 23-year-old was an important part of the club’s plans.

In my opinion, this isn’t a huge blow for us. Ake has been terrific for Bournemouth but whether or not he is a player capable of playing for such a big club as ours is debatable.

Chelsea have sold numerous youngsters in the past and Ake is one of them but there is a reason they’ve sold him. With all due respect to Nathan Ake, we should sign a top-class, established defender to deal with departures if any.

If we are to challenge for top honours, we must look at players bigger than Nathan Ake in terms of quality and experience.

Continue Reading

ARTICLES

“Don’t disrespect the players” – Pochettino unhappy with journalists after 2-1 loss against Inter Milan

Published

on

Mauricio Pochettino was not in a happy mood after the 2-1 loss to Inter Milan. The Argentine saw Tottenham give away a 1-0 lead and concede in stoppage time to lose their third game in a row.

Pochettino was speaking to the press after the game and was asked about leaving Toby Alderweireld and Kieran Trippier in London.

The manager claimed that journalists had disrespected the players and was quoted by BBC saying:

“Wow, what a question, such an easy question? [It’s] easy to talk about the players that aren’t here. I think we need to talk about football. Because, you know I think you force me to say something that is not good.

“You disrespect the players that showed better qualities than the opponent.”

The Argentine further added that the pair had played in the games against Liverpool and Watford. Pochettino didn’t want the spotlight to fall on the stars who were excluded and insisted that the press could blame him for the team selection.

“You can blame me and say, ‘Gaffer, you were so, so rubbish in your selection of the starting XI’. But please don’t disrespect the players who were playing, because it’s my decision. Kieran Trippier, Toby Alderweireld – we have 25 players.”

The former Southampton manager wanted “respect” for the decision he had taken regarding the XI on the pitch.

The performance wasn’t great from Tottenham but we controlled the game and should have seen it through.

Read more: Pochettino explains the real reason behind leaving out key players for the Inter Milan clash

The loss was shockingly similar to the Watford game, where we threw a lead away. Regardless, the manager must turn things around quickly as we face a tough clash against Brighton & Hove Albion this weekend.

Continue Reading