With Corinthians midfielder Paulinho completing a move to north London outfit Tottenham this week, we have 10 facts about the Brazil international for Spurs fans to sink their teeth into.
1) Paulinho’s full name is Jose Paulo Bezerra Maciel Junior.
2) Paulinho was born in Sao Paulo and played for his local side Pao de Acucar from 2004-2006 and he would later return to the club for a year in 2008.
3) He secured a move to Corinthians in 2010 after impressing for Braganino and scored his first goal for the club against fierce rivals Santos in May of that year.
4) Since he joined Timao he has won four major trophies – The Brazilian topflight, Copa Libertadores, the Fifa Club World Cup, and the Campeonato Paulista.
5) He was also named in the Brasieiro Serie A Team of the Year in both 2011 and 2012 and also picked up the Silver Boot in 2011.
6) Paulinho made his debut for the Brazilian senior side in late 2011 in a game against Argentina and has gone on to play 17 times and score five goals.
7) Paulinho was a key figure in the Confedirations Cup as Brazil marched to victory, drubbing Spain 3-0 in the final on Monday evening.
8) The 24-year-old has so far won Superclassico das Americas with his country on two occasions and also the aforementioned Confedirations Cup.
9) Paulinho is a central midfielder who injects energy and drive into the midriff of the field and is considered as one of the most exciting box-to-box midfielders in South America.
10) The deal taking Paulinho to Spurs is reported to be around the £17m mark