To give the Tottenham fans a break regarding the future of Gareth Bale’s potential Real Madrid future, we at Football Friends have been on the prowl for facts on Spurs’ new signing Nacer Chadli in anticipation of the new Premier League season. Here are five things you need to know about the 23-year-old.
1) The 14-time Belgium international started his professional career at Dutch side AGOVV Apeldoorn (that’s easy for you to say) where he would go onto make 89 league appearances.
2) He then made a switch to FC Twente and scored 25 goals in his 84 domestic displays.
3) Chadli is a winger by trade and is renowned for his blistering speed and rocket of a shot. With Gareth Bale reverting into a more central role and the likes of Gylfi Sigurdsson and Lewis Holtby have been deployed in the wide berth out of position. Chadli is likely to cement his place in Andre Villas-Boas’s side with the returning Andros Townsend supplying the competition.
4) Chadli holds duel Moroccan-Belgian nationality and had the option to represent both sides at international level. After a single friendly appearance for the former, he opted for the latter who has so far scored twice for.
5) Chadli is Spurs’ third first team Belgium international, joining Jan Vertonghen and Mousa Dembele.