Tottenham are likely to sign Giovani Lo Celso on a permanent deal
Tottenham Hotspur manager Jose Mourinho has confirmed that the club are likely to make Giovani Lo Celso’s loan deal permanent. (h/t Football.London)
Lo Celso joined Tottenham on loan in August, with the option of making the deal permanent. Injuries had limited his appearances on the pitch, with him making only nine appearances for Spurs in his first four months at the club.
The 23-year-old has played in the last 6 games for Tottenham, with impressive performances against Liverpool and Middlesbrough.
It appears that the club will tie him down to a long-term deal after his performances over the past few weeks.
According to the terms of the loan, the move becomes permanent at the end of the season if the club finishes in the top four. Spurs also have the option of making the move permanent in January for a lower fee.
Speaking on the midfielder’s future, Mourinho was optimistic about the deal being made permanent.
“I think Giovani is going to stay with us.”
Mourinho was also full of praise for the midfielder who scored against Middlesbrough.
“Amazing kid. Quiet. Waiting for his opportunities. Opportunities are coming step by step. I am very, very happy with him.”
More Tottenham News
- Paris Maghoma completes transfer to Championship side Brentford
- Mourinho is keen on signing Joao Cancelo from Manchester City
- Tottenham are interested in HNK Rijeka’s Ivan Lepinjika
The mandatory clause to purchase Lo Celso in the summer is binding only if Tottenham qualify for the Champions League. Even then, Spurs will only be getting 80% of the player’s rights, with Betis retaining the other 20%.
Lo Celso has made 19 appearances for Argentina and has scored 2 goals. He was a part of the Argentina squad for the 2019 Copa America.
Soon-to-be free agent Tottenham star chased by 3 Serie A clubs
Jan Vertonghen being chased by three Serie A clubs Tottenham Hotspur defender Jan Vertonghen, who will be out of contract...
Tottenham face competition from PL clubs in pursuit of 25-year-old midfield ace
Tottenham to battle Everton and Leicester for Baptiste Santamaria Tottenham Hotspur are monitoring French midfielder Baptiste Santamaria, but are likely...
Transfer News: Tottenham ready to splash £22m on 15-goal Kosovan ace
Tottenham ready to pay £22m for Fenerbahce striker Vedat Muriqi Tottenham Hotspur are ready to pay £22m for Fenerbahce striker...
Veteran Tottenham star makes his stance clear on club’s furlough decision after Liverpool U-turn
Jan Vertonghen makes his stance clear on Tottenham’s furlough decision Tottenham Hotspur defender Jan Vertonghen has seemingly made his stance...
Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust urge club to follow Liverpool and reverse furlough decision
Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust urges club to reverse furlough call Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust has urged the club to follow...
[Video] Two Tottenham stars seen breaking lockdown rules as they train outside
Davinson Sanchez and Ryan Sessegnon pictured breaking lockdown rules Tottenham Hotspur defenders Davinson Sanchez and Ryan Sessegnon have broken lockdown...