Antonio Conte provides positive injury update on Tottenham Hotspur star Richarlison after World Cup fears
Richarlison picked up an injury for Tottenham Hotspur in their 2-0 win against Everton at home this weekend. It was perhaps the only negative from a great day at the office for Spurs.
The Brazil international was spotted in tears after the game, which indicated that he could be in line to miss the World Cup. The showpiece event in Qatar commences on November 20 and any injury now could be detrimental to the player’s chances of playing there.
Richarlison was especially firing for the Selecao last month when he scored in both their international friendly games -against Ghana and Tunisia. He is perhaps their most in-form centre-forward at the moment.
In what constitutes good news for especially fans of the Brazilian national team, manager Antonio Conte has said that Richarlison will be fit to play in the World Cup.
He offered hope to Spurs fans as well, saying that the 25-year-old could play for the team before club football stops to make way for the FIFA World Cup. Speaking at his pre-match press conference, the former Inter Milan boss said (h/t Eurosport):
“The player is not risking to miss the World Cup, absolutely not. He has an injury but it is not a serious injury. I hope he can play games for us before the World Cup.”
The former Everton and Watford forward will not be available to take on Manchester United at Old Trafford on Wednesday night. We can deal with this blow, at least in the short term.
More Tottenham News:
- Manchester United’s Christian Eriksen could miss Tottenham Hotspur reunion
- Tottenham questioned for pursuing Leicester City’s James Maddison by Spurs icon Paul Robinson
- Spurs Transfer News: Tottenham target Leonardo Bonucci asks to leave Juventus in January
However, it could be an issue if Dejan Kulusevski also doesn’t return from his injury against the 20-time English first-division champions. Perhaps a 3-5-2 formation in that case will work for us.